Monday, October 8, 2012

Psychedelic Atomik Dry-Tool Madness

I had the Atomik crew pour me some new plastic my super panel felt a little too austere then there was all that beautiful open wood like naked belly on a girl. In time the new shapes came they saw the Colorado sky one bright afternoon one of those last no-longer-summer days yet deliciously warm. I promptly wrapped them back up in brown paper swaddled them like chilled lambs some days went by I trained around the box they lay in but by then it was time to eat sleep get up and do it again amen...

Saturday came an eerie chill settled in from the east I wore an old tat down coat  tried to envision intriguing movement then chose a blinking hold pencilled the bolt hole went at with rotary hammer avec 1/2 inch wood bit voila new feature. I had decided on some playground shapes they had crafted with TWO bolt-holes no less ostensibly so they didn't spin on a kids climbing structure what was immediately apparent was that mounted by only one hole the hold could be spun 180 degrees to create a different hold. 

Personally I like larger features more water to fish on so to speak then there's the hard vs. soft blend two consistencies which are purportedly like good ice or hard ice respectively I have no idea which they are sending me but these things are a blast to pull on. A certain precision is in order the polyurethane crisp yet rugged. In low light the tones glow seductively no I haven't tried a black light but I really must...

There isn't much ice this year thus far I prefer to bide my time so training is the order of the day.

And there's nothing like a brisk order...

No comments:

Post a Comment